Position: Corporate Lead Generation & Sales Executive
Specialism: Economic Development
WAVTEQ is a rapidly growing FDI technology and consulting company. We aim to be the leading provider of technology, data, and business development solutions for the foreign direct investment (FDI) market. One of our key areas of work is the development of online database products to provide market intelligence to investment promotion agencies and corporates worldwide.
To support this fast growing area of our business, WAVTEQ is looking for an experienced business development professional to excel in a hybrid lead generation role. The ideal candidate will have min.5 years proven track record in corporate sales and be able to conduct strategic sales with large and SME corporations at the Director level and above. The candidate will be highly motivated and committed to achieving results and be ambitious to develop a fast-track career in corporate sales. The candidate will be working primarily in the UK market but also will be expected to target US companies, especially for FDI product sales. The candidate will be a self-starter and will have the key skills already in place to identify target clients, key decision makers and engage with these clients. Experience in consulting and data sales is an advantage. The candidate must have strong inter-personal skills and will be expected to travel regularly in the UK and internationally attending industry shows and making sales trips to meet companies. The candidate must be a team player and be able to work under pressure of client deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Based in Belfast, this full-time position involves the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Proactively seek new opportunities by following up on leads, referrals and initiatives with a focus on the acquisition of new business for WAVTEQ products
- Understand clients by researching thoroughly and through consultative selling to ensure that customer relationships are mutually beneficial and are subject to continuous review and improvement
- Prepare and contribute to direct sales action plans and strategies
- Engage with key decision makers in selected companies to discuss their expansion plans and determine their interest in specific geographic locations
- Create and maintain a pipeline of contacts and potential investment opportunities
- Leverage existing networks and tools such as targeted e-mail, and social media to optimise results
- Communicate the mission and vision of international IPA/EDOs to UK investors
- Continually creating value-add for our economic development clients
- Manage the full cycle of investment attraction on behalf of our clients: from potential lead screening, through initial qualification and connection.
- Develop and maintain a diverse corporate, government and intermediary database to maximise success
- Ensure 100% usage of the company’s and client CRM systems, accurately recording all customer interactions
- Attendance at key industry events throughout the UK to expand networks, identify investing companies and corporate leads
Personal Attributes and Experience:
- Hold a degree with an international business / economic related element
- At least 5 years’ direct sales experience preferably within the area of FDI/economic development, IT or databases consulting
- Fluency in business English (other foreign languages a bonus)
- Confidence and experience in contacting and engaging with senior corporate decision makers
- Proven results in closing deals and achieving sales targets
- Adept with using social media and knowledge of e-marketing techniques
- Flexible and adaptable with the aptitude for handling different projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and works well in both an independent setting and a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels
- At ease working in an international setting and interacting with people from different cultures
- Comfortable with technology and the use of standard office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.).
- A passion for international trade & development
The remuneration package is based on experience and track record and will include a competitive salary, commission, bonus and pension package with significant opportunity for growth.
Please send a CV, and cover letter including salary expectations to Sanchia Kirkpatrick, Deputy Director: Sanchia.email@example.com